What colors Braces should I choose?
Yes, that’s true. If you are getting metal braces, you can personalize them with a pop of color. Around each metal bracket, your orthodontist will place a tiny elastic band that gets changed at each visit, usually every four to six weeks. You can choose one color throughout your mouth, or even create a pattern by choosing different colors for each tooth. The choice is yours, but here are some ideas:
- Represent your favorite sports team by displaying team colors
- Match your eyes
- Glow in the dark bands for Halloween or concerts
- Match your outfit for big events such as bat mitzvahs, Sweet Sixteens, and proms
- Patriotic colors for Memorial Day and July 4th
- School and camp colors
- Match your favorite outfits
- Match your best friend
You may want to avoid these colors on their own, but they could work when combined with others:
- White could make your teeth appear more yellow
- Yellow could be mistaken for yellow teeth
- Green, brown, and black could look like food or rotten teeth
Have fun with it and experiment with color!
As always, we will are happy to answer any questions you may have.